Club Station: WØQMF Callsign History/Origin

Philip J. Leible, WØQMF
October 9, 1914 – August 25, 1997

Phil was first licensed ca. 1936 and achieved the Advanced class of ham licensing. He was one of the founding members of SEMOARC. He owned and operated the first 2-meter repeater in Cape Girardeau, which was followed by others in Southeast Missouri and southern Illinois. Phil was active in RACES and Civil Defense, and he was a friend and Elmer to many new hams. He was on the Missouri nightly sideband traffic net for many years, as well as the local VHF nets. He was to many of us “Mr. Ham Radio.”